This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: mtsprg on BOOKE
- From: Jeff Baker <jbaker at qnx dot com>
- To: James E Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:26:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: mtsprg on BOOKE
- Organization: QNX Software Systems Ltd.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: jbaker at qnx dot com
I've never worked in the opcodes area before and I'm not sure how to
implement this change. Can anyone give me a hand?
James E Wilson wrote:
On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 09:17, Jeff Baker wrote:
Why does the following assembly produce errors on BOOKE?
mtsprg 7, %r3
Looking at the sources, opcode/ppc-opc.c, I see that the mtsprg macro
only takes 2-bit sprg register numbers, which is apparently correct for
the basic ppc architecture, but not for e500. This should probably be
conditional on the architecture choice. I haven't looked at any
architecture or processor manuals to double check.
Meanwhile, "mtsprg7 %r3" will work. Likewise for mfsprg.