Re: Support for TMS740 (ARM7TDMIE / TMS740 core)?

Hi Kor,

I have used gcc sucesfully for the AT91M55800 (arm7tdmi core) processor for the last couple of years. I am upgrading to a TMS320VC5470 combined arm + dsp processor (arm7tdmie (alias TMS470) ARM core) .
Are there any changes required to binutils to support the TMS470?

Yes and no.

In order to support the ARM7TDMIE part of the processor no changes are needed to binutils.

In order to support the DSP co-processor changes might be necessary depending upon what sort of co-processor it is. ie if support for this co-processor has not already been added to binutils then you will have to implement it yourself.