Re: gmon size of counter

Diviya JAIN <diviya.jain@st.com> writes:

While using gprof, I came across the fact that gmon.h specifies a
short counter (kcount) in the gmonparam structure. But we require
very large profiling counts, and hence short counters are
insufficient for us.

Is a new version of gmon.h is available which allows for larger
counter value, or if you can suggest other possible alternatives
that have been implemented till now.

The structure needs to be kept in synch between the generating
function, which is in glibc, and the reading function, which is in
gprof.

If you change both simultaneously, you can do whatever you like.

Is there a way to check for counter-size consistency between gprof and glibc?

Andrew