Re: fatal: relocation error: R_SPARC_WDISP30

Hi Sunil,

Can somebody at least tell me what's wrong here?

The linker is complaining that it cannot resolve some of the relocations in the object files it is combining together. This means that it is unable to create a working executable and so it issues the error messages. I cannot say exactly why it cannot resolve these relocations, that would require more investigation.

I am seeing this error with binutils 2.14

Binutils 2.15 has recently been released so you might like to try that.

ld.so.1: mplayer: fatal: relocation error:
R_SPARC_WDISP30: file /usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0:
symbol atexit: value 0x60d2e221 does not fit

What linker command line is producing this error message ?

This is on solaris 9 64-bit mode with gcc 3.3.3.

It is possible that this is a bug in the linker when running on a 64-bit host. Are you able to reproduce the problem in a small test case ? If so you could post that and we could investigate further. (Does the problem persist if you run the linker under Solaris running in 32-bit mode ?)