Re: objdump fails for ColdFire

Hi Peter,

I'm thinking of splitting print_insn_m68k into two parts, the first
part which iterates over the table looking for opcodes that match, and
the second whihc would either accept an instruction (based on
opc->args) and print it out, or reject it. This function would be
called from the loop where 'best' is updated, and if reutrns a
non-zero then it had accepted and printed out the function.

This is a very good idea. Note - you can use booleans rather than zero/non-zero for the return value.

I'm also looking at all the special code to deal with deciding which
alternates (i.e, wait for fmoveml instead of fmove if more than one
register) which appearenly is there since the opcode table is layed
out in alphabetical order instead of an order that would best suit the
disassembler. (then this special case wouldn't have to be there since
fmoveml could be placed *before* fmovel).

Excellent - anything that removes special cases in favour of a more generic approach will get the thumbs up from me.