Re: Problem with objcopy phdrs and patch

I haven't seen any response to the patch David Heine proposed to fix this problem, so I thought I'd follow up to make sure it wasn't overlooked. Judging from the "FIXME" comment, the current code is obviously broken, and David's patch seems like a reasonable solution. I'd be happy to apply the patch if someone will approve it.

Thanks,
Bob

David Heine wrote:
I've run into problems with objcopy mapping PHDRS into a segment from a file that did not originally map PHDRS into a segment. This only occurs when removing the last section from an object file on configurations with small MAXPAGESIZE.

I tracked the problem down to a FIXME in elf.c:5241
        /* Only set up the segments if there are no more SEC_ALLOC
           sections.  FIXME: This won't do the right thing if objcopy is
           used to remove the last SEC_ALLOC section, since objcopy
           won't call this routine in that case.  */