Re: [2.15] Second prerelease available

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 03:15:35PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> >At:
> >ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/binutils/snapshots/binutils-2.14.92.tar.bz2
> >

> Could you include an md5sum with future posts ?  I had some problems
> downloading this file due to interrupted connections to my ISP. :-(

I'll do that.  May have been interrupted connectios to
sources.redhat.com also; it was a bad week for this machine :)

> Anyway I ran this release through my testsuite.  It checked the
> following architectures/targets, all of which built:
>
> all                        all-64                 alpha-linux-gnu
> alpha-unknown-freebsd4.7   alpha-unknown-osf4.0   arc-elf
> arm-aout                   arm-epoc-pe            arm-netbsdelf
> arm-nto                    arm-vxworks            arm-wince-pe
> avr-elf                    cris-elf               d10v-elf
> dlx-elf                    fr30-elf               frv-elf
> h8300-coff                 h8300-elf              hppa-linux-gnu
> i686-pc-cygwin             i686-pc-elf            i686-pc-linux-gnu
> i960-coff                  ia64-x-freebsd5        ip2k-elf
> iq2000-elf                 m32r-elf               m68hc11-elf
> m68k-aout                  m68k-coff              m68k-elf
> m68k-rtems                 m68k-uclinux           m88k-coff
> mcore-pe                   mingw32-pe             mips-elf
> mipsel-linux-gnu           mips64-linux           mmix-elf
> mmix-mmixware              mn10300-elf            msp430-elf
> ns32k-netbsd               openrisc-elf           or32-coff
> or32-elf                   powerpc-eabisim        powerpc-nto
> powerpc-wrs-vxworks        rs6000-aix4.3.3        s390-linux
> sh-coff                    sh-elf                 sh-hms
> sh-linux                   sh-nto
> shl-unknown-netbsdelf1.6T
> sh64-superh-linux-gnu      sparc-elf              sparc64-linux-gnu
> sparc64-netbsd             sparc-linux-gnu        tic54x-coff
> v850-elf                   x86_64-linux           xscale-elf
> xstormy16-elf              xtensa-elf             z8k-coff

That's good news....

> and then I compared the results of running the three testsuites (gas.
> ld, binutils) against the same test runs for today's current sources.
> There were quite a few additional failures for the 2.14.92 sources:

... and that's bad news.

> I am not sure how useful this information is to you, since from a brief
> scan of the logs there does not appear to be a single cause for these
> failures.  Would you like copies of the logs ?

Yes please.  I picked a target off your list at random (mips-elf), and
got the same failures for both HEAD and branch - well, one test went
from PASS on the branch to XFAIL on HEAD (???).  So I'd like to see
what failures your test run found.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz