Re: [mips patch RFC] removal of gas embedded-pic support code

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 19:05, cgd@broadcom.com wrote:
> At Wed, 05 May 2004 18:44:40 +0100, David Ung wrote:
> > woops.  your recent patch seem to have broke building of the compiler on
> > linux.  The problem occurs when building for libgcc/./_divdi3.o
>
> Hmm.  I built for mips64-linux (all three ABIs) and that didn't show
> up in my tests...  That's curious, I'll give it another go.  (I
> certainly could have goofed it up.)

FYI.  I builted it on a 20Kc native, mipsel-linux.  32bit, little
endian.  -fPIC was the default for the linux build.  It disappears when
-fPIC is disabled as it no longer generates the symbol-pcrel ($sym - .)
reference in the exception frame.

David.