Re: [mips patch RFC] removal of gas embedded-pic support code

At Wed, 05 May 2004 18:44:40 +0100, David Ung wrote:
> woops.  your recent patch seem to have broke building of the compiler on
> linux.  The problem occurs when building for libgcc/./_divdi3.o

Hmm.  I built for mips64-linux (all three ABIs) and that didn't show
up in my tests...  That's curious, I'll give it another go.  (I
certainly could have goofed it up.)

In any case, gcc/binutils folks: any suggestions as to how this should
be resolved?

It would be unfortunate to put back these GNU-specific (embedded-PIC)
relocs if they aren't really necessary.  Likewise, it would be
unfortunate to add DIFF_EXPR_OK back to the MIPS assembler if not
necessary...

If they are put back, the documentation (comments) should be updated
to mention the fact that they're now needed for other reasons than
embedded-PIC, obviously.

chris