Re: How to generate a patch for a new file?

At Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:12:01 +0000 (UTC), "Peter Barada" wrote:
> I've got some new testcases for the ColdFire mac/emac instructions, and
> I'm trying to figure out the best way to generate a patch that incudes
> the new files as well as the modified files.

if you have write access to the repository from your CVS checkout
area, just 'cvs add' the files -- nothing will happen until you
commit.

Otherwise, if you drop a line into your CVS entries file like:

/FILE_NAME_GOES_HERE/0/dummy timestamp//

for each added file, CVS will consider them added and they'll be
included in 'cvs diff -N' output.

(Yes, "yuck."  8-)

chris