Re: Rename -mfix-vr4122-bugs to -mfix-vr4120.

cgd@broadcom.com writes:
> At Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:35:51 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Sandiford" wrote:
>> I think the only obvious argument against is backwards compability.
>
> Err, and it's obvious how to keep backward compatibility...  (just
> have undocumented options w/ the old names, to be removed at some
> point in the future, that use the new option numbers.)

But given the rest of the message, why bother?

Like I say, the option is only really intended to be used alongside
the gcc one.  Since that's still fresh, and will change very sson if
the gas side were accepted, now seems like the best time to switch.
IMO, keeping an undocuemnted gas alias "for now" and removing it
"in future" would just add to the confusion.

Richard
...hoping this isn't the start of yet another long flamewar about
the MIPS command-line options...