RE: darwin host?

Alex Rosenberg <alexr@spies.com> wrote:

>I just tried building CVS HEAD with --enable-targets=all on darwin7.3.0
>and it failed to properly configure. It seems like this should work.

>| Alexander M. Rosenberg           <mailto:alexr@_spies.com> |
>| Nobody cares what I say. Remove the underscore to mail me. |

I presume your context is Mac OS X; if not please ignore this interruption.

Even if you could get it to configure and build, I doubt that it would work.  I've gone several rounds with Apple Developer Relations and all I could get was that it's working the way it's designed to work.  If you want to use gcc or any of the GNU tools, you have to use the ones you get from Apple -- the FSF versions just aren't compatible.

And each one there                     I hope this helps,
     had one thing shared...           Neal Weidenhofer
And wept when it was all done          nealweidenhofer@netscape.net
     for being done too soon.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.