Re: FW: Re: Why is my executabel in DOS file format?

Meg Abyte wrote:

From Dave:

Since you know that dos2unix will make it work with your target, what is the problem with using it?

Hmm... same reason I fixed my tire instead of just pumping it up with air every day ;-)
No seriously, why not make it right to begin with. It just seems odd to everyone I know that we are using Linux etc. and then we are getting this DOS file out of it that we have to teach everyone to use this dos2unix command - then lots of them don't even have dos2unix installed on their PCs, to "fix" the srecord file. The windows guys just think it is funny...

I for one would be quite happy if you "fixed" it, as I also am tired of having to run dos2unix on these things.

David Daney.