Re: EP9312, Maverick Crunch fixes

drow@false.org said:
> Having just re-read AAELF, I don't see an alternative marking
> technique.  Am I correct that there isn't published one yet?

That's correct.  On the one hand there is a feeling that this is all QoI.
 On the other there is the opinion that pretty much everyone is going to
need something like this in their tools, so why not have a standard way of
describing it (but support for it being optional).

The only really common ground is that all existing implementations have
deficiencies of one sort or another.  The GNU binutils implementation is
probably the most deficient in that it gets several things wrong and uses
an ELF field which it is not supposed to.

R.