This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Determine BFD version?
- From: Ben Elliston <bje at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 16 Feb 2004 14:35:38 +1100
- Subject: Re: Determine BFD version?
- References: <1040215192358.ZM20546@pecos.ncsa.uiuc.edu>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Rick Kufrin) writes:
> #if HAVE_BFD_H && defined(BFD_VERSION)
> # if defined(BFD_VERSION_STRING)
> printf("%s\n", BFD_VERSION_STRING);
> # else
> printf("%s\n", BFD_VERSION);
> # endif
According to the changelogs, BFD_VERSION_STRING was introduced only a
couple of years ago--so I would not be surprised that it's not defined
on some systems. BFD_VERSION, however, has been around since at
Thu Mar 17 18:26:46 1994 Ken Raeburn (email@example.com)
* bfd-in.h (BFD_VERSION): Use @VERSION@.
If you're finding versions of BFD that are over a decade old, you
probably shouldn't be using them!