Re: Overlap error not generated for sections w/o content

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 03:24:41PM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Galit,
>
> >> BTW, it seems that the change mentioned in:
> >>
> >>     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-10/msg00213.html
> >>
> >> and which is related to region checking, was not made.
> >
> > That  would be because we have only just talked about it and I expect
> > that Alan is busy working....
>
> Oops - Sorry I was looking at the wrong URL.
>
> Yes you are right - this change seems to have become lost in the fog.
> I will take care of it and check it in shortly.

Yes, I dropped it.  However, the most recent change to IGNORE_SECTIONS
means we are OK now.  The original condition might look different from
what we have now, but it turns out that SEC_LOAD sections are always
SEC_ALLOC.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre