Re: Adjusting relocation addends with objcopy

Hello, Steve.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Steve Freeland wrote:

> What I'm trying to do is this:  I'm attempting to make use of the code
> in a Windows-built relocatable PE/COFF object file (.obj) for a build
> on Linux, so I'm attempting to use objcopy to convert it over the ELF
> format.  I have no idea if this is realistic, but hey.
>
> Problems I've run into so far:

 [...]

> 2. Much trickier:  References to external symbols in the converted
> .obj file (mainly to library functions) do not resolve correctly.

 [...]

> While I'm at it, second question:  Anyone have any ideas as to what
> problems I'm in for after I take care of this one?

Currently I'm trying to do quite the opposite: use object files produced
with GCC/binutils for arm-wince-pe target as an input to MS linker.
What I see is binutils' sources for the target are rather crude and the
object files produced are incompatible with MS COFF PE format in many
ways. So, you should be prepared to all the sort of problems like
incompatible relocations info and sections flags, etc. On the other
hand, binutils may be less restrictive and more robust to object
file incompatibilities. It is IMHO, since I'm not the expert in
binutils.

...Bye..Dmitry.