Re: MCF528x (MCFv4) support for ieee files

Thorsten Brehm wrote:

I found Bernado Innocenti/Peter Barada's coldfire patch on this mailing list
(see "[m68k] Add MCF528x (MCFv4) support" from 12 Aug 2003,
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-08/msg00193.html) and applied
> that to the release version 2.14 of binutils (Thanks for that patch -
> it's very helpful!).

That patch has been used in production for some time, so I consider it
very well tested. The only reason it's not yet in the official binutils
is that the FSF wants a copyright assignment for every contribution
and Motorola's legal department has not yet examined the case.

IANAL, but the patch is obviously GPL'd as it's a derivative
work of binutils. You can safely apply it and use the resulting
code under the GPL.

> [...]
Very well then. However, I'm not yet really trusting the magic I did there.
;) I need to integrate the tool in our company's make process and I'd really
be grateful for any comments before I dare to do that.
Was that all what was missing or is there more to this issue? Comments very
welcome.

The patch looks fine to me. I'm afraid it can't be applied to binutils until Peter's patch goes in.

However, I'll pick it up for inclusion in the uClinux toolchain
(m68k-uclinux). Thank you very much.