After upgrading binutils ld is not found

I have compiled and installed binutils 2.14, and now ld is not found.
Everything installed into /usr/local/bin, but if I type ld I get this
error: bash: /usr/bin/ld: No such file or directory.  The old version of
binutils was installed there, but I removed the rpm package.  The new
version of ld is installed in /usr/local/bin, what do I need to change so
the system knows it's there?