Re: No more snapshots?

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 03:03:03PM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Kelley Cook <kcook34@ford.com> writes:
>
> > Looking at ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/binutils/snapshots/ it seems
> > that no snapshots have been created since Sept. 2nd.
> >
> > Any reason?
>
> I believe that the snapshots broke when Daniel regenerated configure
> using autoconf 2.57.  I haven't looked into it in the hopes that it
> was related to the other problems he saw.

I couldn't think why this would have happened, so I tried building a
snapshot.  It worked OK.  So it must be something else?

The snapshot process involves "./configure sparc-sun-sunos4.1.1" in
what is probably an attempt to be host-neutral.  Oddly, I believe that
this will continue to work even with the new autoconf...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz