Re: Opcodes and bfd & plugins.

But, plugins will solve another development problem -- one can concentrate in
developing library, instead of removing obsolete configuration. Look at this mailing list,
obsolete wars are main discussion subject. With plugins there will be no problem with new architecture or obsolete -- one can just keep code of plugin or write a new plugin for new architecture. if you afraid, that there will be no free plugins, I am sure they will be available.

I don't understand this.  The issue of obsolete targets is the same
with plugins--after all, the binutils maintainers still have to
maintain the targets, since people who download the binutils expect to
get working code.  It's already possible for people to maintain their
own private targets.  I don't see that plugins don't change the issue
of maintenance significantly.

I think it would make things worse. The plugin would force the binutils maintainers to make a long term commitment to a specific interface, greatly reducing their ability to inovate.

enjoy,
Andrew