Re: [top level] autoconfiscate INSTALL usage

Zack said:
>I've been wondering for years why GCC 'make install' never used the
>perfectly good /usr/bin/install on Linux or Solaris.
>
>> +INSTALL_DATA = @INSTALL_DATA
>
>Typo - need a trailing @.
Thanks for catching that.  (Gah; I thought I'd looked at the resulting
Makefile and it was OK...  I guess I saw what I expected to see.)  OK
with that fix?

>Do similar patches need to be put into the subdirectory Makefiles, or
>do they just take the values of INSTALL_* passed down from the top
>level?
I think generally they just take the passed-down copies.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>
http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html