Re: dw2gencfi rewrite

Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 11:01:27PM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
>> Blah.  So I get correct results on x86 and x86_64 if I
>> change the "#if 1" to an "#if 0", but this breaks alpha.
>
> x86 breaks in the one case because of md_pcrel_from, which on x86
> calculates the offset from the end of the word rather than the
> beginning.  md_pcrel_from makes the use of pcrel relocs from anywhere
> but the backend rather interesting.
>
> alpha breaks in the other case because you're being too clever, or
> or perhaps it's more a case of my hack to fix (foo - .) expressions
> in variable length insns wasn't clever enough.  The trouble is that
> dot_value is only updated in expr, ie. when parsing input.  You delay
> emitting eh_frame stuff, so get an old value of dot when converting
> sym1-sym2 to sym1@pcrel.
>
> This further hack to set dot_value in emit_expr cures your alpha
> failures, but might break parse_repeat_cons in some cases.

Now these tests fail on x86-64 that worked before:

FAIL: vers3
FAIL: vers4
FAIL: vers4a
FAIL: vers6
FAIL: vers9
FAIL: vers15
FAIL: vers16
FAIL: vers19
FAIL: vers23d
FAIL: vers23
Running /cvs/binutils/ld/testsuite/ld-elfvsb/elfvsb.exp ...
FAIL: visibility (hidden)
FAIL: visibility (hidden) (PIC main)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_normal)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_normal) (PIC main)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_undef_def)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_undef_def) (PIC main)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_weak)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_weak) (PIC main)
FAIL: visibility (protected_weak)
FAIL: visibility (protected_weak) (PIC main)
FAIL: visibility (normal)
FAIL: visibility (normal) (PIC main)

Andreas
--