Re: PATCH: provide pass-through value in bfd_elf_bfd_from_remote_memory

> Well, I'm more than happy to follow any existing convention.  But
> where are there other pointers named 'context'?  As far as I can see,
> there is no convention for naming these little pass-through pointers.

I sometimes use the name `closure'.

I like that a lot better.  Closures in functional languages are so
named exactly because they close over an environment, which is exactly
what's going on here.

Yes, it captures the containment (or however you want to express it :-)

Andrew