different load and execution address ...

I am trying to compile a program for execution in processor internal sram on a uClinux system, using gcc & binutils.

I have been fiddling around a lot with linker scripts and such and have had limited success, but I think I have to ask about this.

I have some files a.o b.o which I want to be placed in this internal sram, and called from the regular program ( executing from the load address determined by the system ).

As i can understand, I can make a section in the liker script and list the files in the script, and thus have them and all variables placed there, however when I try to load the binary ( binfmt-flat ) I get an relocation error :

BINFMT_FLAT: reloc outside program 0x200020ca (0 - 0x16f5bc/0x1d80), killing te!

So I would like to make these files into a binary to reside at this sram address instead, and then include the binary when linking the main program, and somehow automatically get the address of the routines in the sram ( which would be separately linked into a binary ).

What I haven't been able to figure out is how to build this binary, does anybody have any hints ?

/ regards, Lars Segerlund.