Re: [RFA:] Fix bug with #APP/#NO_APP when using macros.

> Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:10:23 +0200
> From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@axis.com>

> > Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> writes:
> >
> > > It's true that #NO_APP needs to be printed in ASM_FILE_START, but it's
> > > not true that the CRIS target is the only target which does it.
> > > m68k.h does it also.  I actually thought that the m68k was the only
> > > target which used #NO_APP, but I see that you used it for the CRIS.
>
> Right, I see now and should have looked closer at m68k.h (lots
> of ASM_FILE_START in config/m68k/*) particularly since you
> pointed out that port.  Sorry for the misinformation.  (Luckily
> I used weasel phrasing.  Bother, it seems to prove I can't tell
> very far! :-)

(To try and make up for my failing, I investigated further.)
Even so, it seems most major m68k ELF ports in current GCC CVS
override the m68k.h ASM_FILE_START directly or indirectly (most
commonly by including elfos.h after m68k.h) with one that
doesn't emit #NO_APP.  See m68k*-*-netbsdelf* m68k-*-elf* and
m68k-*-linux*.  In effect, it's seems it's still possible that
the cris-* GCC port is the only one that emits #NO_APP at the
beginning of assembly files.  Whatever.

brgds, H-P