Re: profiling API?

Stoned koalas drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Nick Clifton declaimed:

> > Is there any way to get multiple gmon.out files for a given
> > execution?
>
> No. :-(

oh well.

> You can compile only certain files with profiling enabled.  That way
> you will only generate profile information for the functions in those
> files, (plus any functions that they call...)

yep, been doing that.  What I'd hoped for was to divide the results up by
time.

> You might also consider using the -finstrument-functions command line
> switch and writing your own profiling tools.

haha.  surely you jest :)   I'm having a bad enough time getting the code
I *need* done in time :(

thanks for the help, anyway.

William Brodie-Tyrrell

--
I wouldn't eat dolphin.  I refuse to eat anything smarter than me.
Which is why I abstain from broccoli.

<william at cs dot adelaide dot edu dot au>
http://www.cs.adelaide.edu.au/~william
Room 3034, Plaza Building