Re: [Bug] Between Tue Dec 31 06:49:17 2002 and Tue Dec 31 07:14:15 2002 glibc causes ld to segfault.

Wolfram Gloger said:
>> The only valid error causing patch I can see in that lot is the new
>> stack stuff in glibc linuxthreads.
>
> Hmm, but since when is 'ld' linked to libpthread?  I can't see how
> LinuxThreads changes could have anything to do with this.

This patch makes /usr/lib/libpthread.so into a ld script, rather than a
symlink.
This is the real trigger. The problem then surfaces when you add too many
-lpthread arguments to ld, it segfaults while reading the ld script file
for the nth time.
( the bad line is "ld -lpthread -lpthread -lpthread .... " )

>> Can someone please reply, I am happy to supply any additional info
>> needed,
>
> Have you run the ld command under valgrind?

Am rebuilding glibc with -g now then I will try valgrind.

Thankyou for the reply.

Feeling stupider,

Stefan