Re: MIPS multi-got link support

On 14 Jan 2003, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> Yeah, testcases, I hear someone screaming :-)

WAAH! :-)

> Well, there's gdb, that
> actually requires multi-got.

That's not in the ld testsuite, is it? ;-)

>  I tested it with glibc, that does not by
> default, but it's the ultimate linker test, and I could actually
> exercise all of the multi-got code with it (and uncover and fix a
> number of bugs in the process) by means of the
> environment-variable-controlled flags that I used during testing, as
> described above.  I doubt any reasonably-sized testcase would actually
> be useful, and we'd still face the problem of deciding whether to
> introduce (undocumented?) linker command-line flags that could be used
> to force such non-standard behavior as (a), (b) and (c).

Assuming the "reasonable size" just refers to the actual code
size or number of functions: You don't mention why generating
the test-case during test-time won't work to trigger the code in
question.  For an example, see ld-elf/sec64k.exp.
Just helping. :-)  It seems too important to get silently broken
every once in a while.

brgds, H-P