This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Binary compatibility loss regarding errno
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:31:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: Binary compatibility loss regarding errno
> On the other side, with
> .symver y,x@VERS_1
> .symver z,x@VERS_2
> reloc against SHN_UNDEF x
> it is unclear which of the symbols actually should be used.
Arguably neither should match. No other link-time reference to x would
resolve in that case. But then internal refs would have to use y or z
directly and the only consistent behavior for refs to y or z (assuming they
are not exported) would be to treat them as local symbols and so not
support copy relocs. That is why I think that .symver x,x@VERS_1 is the
only thing that really makes sense.