Re: ld won't complain if asked to link obj files of different arches

Alexandre Oliva writes:
 > On Dec 28, 2002, Doug Evans <dje@transmeta.com> wrote:
 >
 > > Depending on which host the "real" program is run on, the other
 > > architecture's object file may be treated as data.
 >
 > 'cept the relocations in it are probably not going to be applied
 > correctly.  If you want it to be treated as data, I suppose we can
 > require you to make it binary first.

Or fully resolve the object file (to the point where there are
no more relocations) and do the "connection" in the linker script.

 > Anyway, your argument doesn't really hold much.

What argument?  I wasn't arguing for or against the status quo
or any particular change.  Merely answering this question: