This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: toplevel doc, first draft
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:05:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: toplevel doc, first draft
- References: <20021230115943.GA833@doctormoo>
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 06:59:43AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> And information on where to put the
> documentation when it's ready is always welcome; etc/configure.texi is soooo
> out-of-date I don't know what to make of it.
We still have an etc directory? I thought it was killed a while ago.
> The Makefile for a subdirectory is expected to provide the usual public
> targets: all, install, info, etc.
I think there's an official recommended list somewhere in the pesky GNU
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002