This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Binary compatibility loss regarding errno
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:53:53 -0800
- Subject: Re: Binary compatibility loss regarding errno
> (have R_386_32 relocation against x@VERS_1 and x@VERS_1 exported
> from the library). I'll work on this.
> But .symver x,x@VERS_1 is grey area, I believe it should not be
> allowed (it is not for .symver x,x@@VERS_1 BTW).
There are several places in glibc we would have to change in that case.
It was always allowed before. It works in other cases, e.g. __ctype_b.