This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: (toplevel) Fix dramatic breakage for ordinary crosses (related to program_transform_name)
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com, dj at delorie dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, drow at mvista dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:57:36 -0600
- Subject: Re: (toplevel) Fix dramatic breakage for ordinary crosses (related to program_transform_name)
My two cents:
To me, a race is a race. Just don't have them in the first place and no
bugs will creep in.
I would also prefer no locks, because I don't want to deal with locking
mechanism headaches when a user with, say, an SMP Irix NFS client and
an HP/UX NFS server has funny build problems.
So I'm in favor of a dumb, simple, and reliable mechanism to serialize