This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Documenting partial builds (Was Re: ^c now disallowed?)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>, <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:11:28 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: Documenting partial builds (Was Re: ^c now disallowed?)
On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> The big question is, *where* should this be documented? I can document
> the toplevel Makefile interface quite clearly, but I'm very unsure where
> to put said documentation; should I duplicate it in the docs for each
> package (and if so, where in those docs)? Put it in some special
> location? What?
The old toplevel is documented in etc/configure.texi in src, which is
where the GCC internals manual (sourcebuild.texi) currently links to for
documentation of toplevel.
Joseph S. Myers