This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: (Solaris 2.7 - binutils-2.13.1) Broken Makefile (and configure?) for prebuild of ar
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, svend_o_c at www dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:08:37 +1030
- Subject: Re: (Solaris 2.7 - binutils-2.13.1) Broken Makefile (and configure?) for prebuild of ar
- References: <email@example.com> <20021217094039.GO944@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:29:22PM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> I was just emulating what the ordinary build would do--it would build
> libiberty.a from needed-list and required-list. No deeper reason.
> Presumably the ordinary build has changed since then.
Yes, it has changed. What's more, the libiberty Makefile has this
# required-list was used when building a shared bfd/opcodes/libiberty
# library. I don't know if it used by anything currently.
So I think it would be better to not depend on the Makefile keeping
this baggage around. I'll commit the patch I posted.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre