This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: "cd dir && $(MAKE)", not "cd dir; $(MAKE)"
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- To: dje at sebabeach dot org
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:45:47 -0500
- Subject: Re: "cd dir && $(MAKE)", not "cd dir; $(MAKE)"
- References: <20021219021245.D92CFB539@seba.sebabeach.org>
I agree that && is better than ;
but if the etc directory is missing yet needed, something else is
broken. We should fix that problem first.
Why is your build trying to install a directory it hasn't built? Mine
seems to work, unless I "rm -rf etc". It seems the install targets
don't depend on the build targets (which is probably a reasonable