This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
(committed) don't let real targets depend on phony ones (top level)
- From: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:32:34 -0500
- Subject: (committed) don't let real targets depend on phony ones (top level)
This gets one DJ missed. This is still the wrong solution, because it
happily breaks dependencies which really exist, but at least I'll stop
getting all these complaints about subdir configures being rerun.
* Makefile.tpl: Don't let real targets depend on phony targets.
* Makefile.in: Regenerate.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/Makefile.tpl,v
retrieving revision 1.17
diff -u -r1.17 Makefile.tpl
--- Makefile.tpl 18 Dec 2002 05:28:41 -0000 1.17
+++ Makefile.tpl 18 Dec 2002 18:28:13 -0000
@@ -1290,7 +1290,7 @@
GDB_TK = @GDB_TK@
all-gdb: maybe-all-libiberty maybe-all-opcodes maybe-all-bfd maybe-all-mmalloc maybe-all-readline maybe-all-bison maybe-all-byacc maybe-all-sim $(gdbnlmrequirements) $(GDB_TK)
install-gdb: maybe-install-tcl maybe-install-tk maybe-install-itcl maybe-install-tix maybe-install-libgui
-libgui/Makefile: maybe-configure-tcl maybe-configure-tk
+configure-libgui: maybe-configure-tcl maybe-configure-tk
all-libgui: maybe-all-tcl maybe-all-tk maybe-all-itcl
# Host modules specific to binutils.