This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Cyrix EMMI patch
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Petr Sebor <petr at scssoft dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:20:07 +1030
- Subject: Re: Cyrix EMMI patch
- References: <3DF5DAC5.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:15:01PM +0100, Petr Sebor wrote:
> I'd like to contribute a support for the Cyrix MII extended multimedia
> to the binutils package. Please let me know what you think...
There are a number of technical problem with your patch. Firstly,
"pmulhrw" is already in i386_optab, so you need to add the new Cyrix
entry immediately adjacent to the existing one. This leads me to
believe that you have never run "as" with your patch applied..
Secondly, the Cyrix opcodes duplicate existing opcodes. For example,
0x0f51 is "paddsiw" on Cyrix and "sqrtps" for Intel SSE. You need to
add some code to opcodes/i386-dis.c to select Cyrix disassembly. You
should also submit a testsuite addition to exercise the new Cyrix
Finally, you'll need to have a current copyright assignment/disclaimer
on file with the FSF. I don't have a means of checking whether this
is already the case.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre