This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [Patch] skipping import libraries for performance reasons - direct auto-import of dll's
- From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- To: "Nick Clifton" <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:48:14 +0100
- Subject: RE: [Patch] skipping import libraries for performance reasons - direct auto-import of dll's
> I am attaching a archive containing a version of your tests with the
> above changes made. I would like however, to have it confirmed that
> the tests do work on a real Cygwin target before I check them into the
> binutils sources.
While checking the test case I recognizied, that the auto-import stuff couldn't
be disabled in case of direct linking to a dll.
The appended patch fixes this (I'm updating the test case which this check too)
I hope the indention is right.
2002-12-17 Ralf Habacker <email@example.com>
* ld/emultempl/pe.em (pe_find_data_imports):
don't search for data import when auto-import is disabled
$ cvs diff emultempl/pe.em
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/ld/emultempl/pe.em,v
retrieving revision 1.71
diff -u -3 -p -B -r1.71 pe.em
--- emultempl/pe.em 16 Dec 2002 18:02:16 -0000 1.71
+++ emultempl/pe.em 17 Dec 2002 11:27:39 -0000
@@ -904,6 +904,9 @@ pe_find_data_imports ()
struct bfd_link_hash_entry *undef, *sym;
+ if (link_info.pei386_auto_import == 0)
for (undef = link_info.hash->undefs; undef; undef=undef->next)
if (undef->type == bfd_link_hash_undefined)