This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Fix PE ports confusing -c command line switch with --compact-implib
- From: Federico Schwindt <fgsch at lodoss dot net>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 07:53:56 -0300
- Subject: Re: Fix PE ports confusing -c command line switch with --compact-implib
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 11:04:51AM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I am applying the patch below to fix a problem with PE targeted
> ports. They confuse the -c command line switch (to select MRI script
> parsing) with the --compact-implib command line switch, due to a
> "feature" of the getopt package.
> The solution is to have the --compact-implib switch present twice in
> the list of the available switches, so that getopt() thinks that the
> switch cannot be abbreviated. With this patch applied the PE ports
> pass the ld-scripts/MRI test.
This reminds me a problem we recently found in gas. Some platforms use -k
in the md_parse_option which collides with --keep-locals option for the
same reason you're mentioning, so -k is being treated as --keep-locals, not
Since you're fixing this, can you take a look at this similar issue?