Re: Fix PE ports confusing -c command line switch with --compact-implib

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 11:04:51AM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
>   I am applying the patch below to fix a problem with PE targeted
>   ports.  They confuse the -c command line switch (to select MRI script
>   parsing) with the --compact-implib command line switch, due to a
>   "feature" of the getopt package.
>
>   The solution is to have the --compact-implib switch present twice in
>   the list of the available switches, so that getopt() thinks that the
>   switch cannot be abbreviated.  With this patch applied the PE ports
>   pass the ld-scripts/MRI test.

  Hi,

    This reminds me a problem we recently found in gas. Some platforms use -k
in the md_parse_option which collides with --keep-locals option for the
same reason you're mentioning, so -k is being treated as --keep-locals, not
good.
    Since you're fixing this, can you take a look at this similar issue?

    f.-