This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Forcing gas not to resolve jump offsets
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Nick Kelsey <nickk at ubicom dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:20:39 +1030
- Subject: Re: Forcing gas not to resolve jump offsets
- References: <0cfd01c2a577$66e91dc0$f601a8c0@nkelseyxp>
On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 06:52:56PM -0800, Nick Kelsey wrote:
> I am wondering how I can tell gas not to resolve jump/call target symbols
> that jump/call to a different section, even if they are in the same file?
You need to do adjust TC_FORCE_RELOCATION for ip2k. In your case this
means changing tc-ip2k.c:ip2k_force_relocation. The function should
return 1 for jump target fixups, which you likely can discriminate
from other fixups by looking at the relocation type. You may also
need to define tc_fix_adjustable to prevent gas converting a fixup
against your jump target symbols to a fixup against a section symbol.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre