Forcing gas not to resolve jump offsets

Hi,

I am working through a problem with the ip2k port where a file has a
function that calls another function in another section (gcsections) and gas
resolves the symbol to a sect+offs format rather that leting the linker do
it.

The result is a bad relocation when linker relaxation is used.

This is a problem with the gas port rather than the linker as it is calling
to another section and the relaxation code only has visibility to fix
relocations within a single section at a time.

I have tried setting linkrelax=1 (and fixed all the problems that it caused)
but it still insists on resolving the symbols.

I am wondering how I can tell gas not to resolve jump/call target symbols
that jump/call to a different section, even if they are in the same file?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks