This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Forcing gas not to resolve jump offsets
- From: "Nick Kelsey" <nickk at ubicom dot com>
- To: <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:52:56 -0800
- Subject: Forcing gas not to resolve jump offsets
- Reply-to: "Nick Kelsey" <nickk at ubicom dot com>
I am working through a problem with the ip2k port where a file has a
function that calls another function in another section (gcsections) and gas
resolves the symbol to a sect+offs format rather that leting the linker do
The result is a bad relocation when linker relaxation is used.
This is a problem with the gas port rather than the linker as it is calling
to another section and the relaxation code only has visibility to fix
relocations within a single section at a time.
I have tried setting linkrelax=1 (and fixed all the problems that it caused)
but it still insists on resolving the symbols.
I am wondering how I can tell gas not to resolve jump/call target symbols
that jump/call to a different section, even if they are in the same file?
Any advice would be appreciated.