Re: [Patch] skipping import libraries for performance reasons - direct auto-import of dll's

Hi Ralf,

> 2002-12-13  Ralf Habacker  <Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de>
>             Charles Wilson  <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu>
>
>         * ld/config.in: regenerate
>         * ld/configure: regenerate
>         * ld/configure.in: add check for realpath function
>         * ld/deffile.h: add .data field to def_file_import
>         structure
>         * ld/pe-dll.c (pe_proces_import_defs): use .data
>         field of def_file_import structure to initialize
>         flag_data field of def_file_export structure
>         (pe_implied_import_dll): new variables exp_funcbase
>         and [data|bss]_[start|end].  Use DLL's internal name
>         to set dll_name, not filename (which may be a symlink).
>         Scan the sections and initialize [data|bss]_[start|end].
>         When scanning the export table, skip _nm_ symbols, and
>         mark any symbols whose rva indicates that it is in the
>         .bss or .data sections as data.
>         * ld/sysdep.h: include limits.h and sys/param.h, and
>         define LD_PATHMAX as appropriate.  Also define REALPATH
>         as realpath if it exists, NULL otherwise
>         * ld/emultempl/pe.em (gld_${EMULATION_NAME}_after_open):
>         call pe_process_import_defs before pe_find_data_imports,
>         so that auto-import will check the virtual implib as well
>         as "real" implibs.
>         (gld_${EMULATION_NAME}_recognized_file): use REALPATH to
>         follow symlinks to their target; check that the target's
>         extension is .dll before calling pe_implied_import_dll(),
>         not the filename itself (which may be a symlink).

I have now applied applied this patch.  Many apologies for taking so
long to getting around to doing this.  I fixed up any indentation and
formatting issues at the same time, so there should be no problem
there.

As Hans-Peter has already said, it would be very helpful if you are
able to develop a test or set of tests to go into the linker testsuite
to check this new funcitonality and to make sure that it does not get
broken in the future.