This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: h8300-hms-ld segfaults (with a small testcase)
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, paulc at senet dot com dot au, maxb at ukf dot net,amodra at bigpond dot net dot au
- Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:57:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: h8300-hms-ld segfaults (with a small testcase)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 10:50:14AM -0500, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> The problem of h8300-hms-ld doing a segfault is caused by the attached
> files. The original linker script is provided by Paul Clark and later
> reduced by me. Removing "OUTPUT_FORMAT(srec)" prevents the segfault.
Linking directly to SREC always turns up bugs... usually, they involve
accessing the target-specific parts of the hash table when in the wrong
> The problem started occuring with the following patch:
That seems very unlikely. Could you narrow it down further - for
instance, does reverting the part for coff-h8300.c fix it? What do GDB
and valgrind have to say about the crash?
(If you've never used valgrind I highly recommend it for this sort of
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer