This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [Patch] skipping import libraries for performance reasons -direct auto-import of dll's
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Ralf Habacker <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:51:30 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: RE: [Patch] skipping import libraries for performance reasons -direct auto-import of dll's
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > > this is an updated patch to the recent cvs archive, which fixes
> > some rejection
> > > problems of recent source.
> > As shown with what test-case?
> In case if you are meaning a test case for this whole patch,
> you can try linking
> an application not to the import lib, instead link directly to the needed
> dll or build a dll and link directly to it.
> A test case could be found in
Please add a test-case to the *binutils* test-suite (actually,
to the ld test-suite). Referring to some case described
elsewhere or some other package does not count (you can't "make
check" on that. ;-)