This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: Setting target when building binutils?
- From: James Sampson <i_am_triumph at ofir dot dk>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: BINUTILS Archive <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:38:46 +0100
- Subject: RE: Setting target when building binutils?
>Your build procedure was OK and binutils does support the C54x.
This is always nice to know :-D
>How did you create the C54x file that you used to test the binutils
I used Code Composer Studio (CCS) from TI, which was supposed to create a C54x
COFF file - Maybe this could be the culprit.
>If was created by non-GNU tools, then possibly it is an
>incompatibility between those tools and the GNU tools.
That's what I fear. Since the C54x is supported however, isn't it possible to
use the GNU tools to create an out-file to C54x? And if so, how is this done?.
Do you know how to use Binutils to spot which target an object-file is for?