This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Patch to EF_MIPS_ARCH and EF_MIPS_MACH handling
- From: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 21:31:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: Patch to EF_MIPS_ARCH and EF_MIPS_MACH handling
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Richard Sandiford wrote:
> This patch is basically the same as:
> but with one of the error messages changed slightly to be more
> consistent with the rest. The patch includes a test case for
> various good and bad combinations.
> To recap, the idea is to merge bfds based on their bfd_mach
> and update the check for 32-bit/64-bit collisions. The patch
> allows o32 code for 64-bit targets to be linked with o32
> code for 32-bit targets. Start of original thread:
> Tested on mips64-elf, mips-elf and mipsel-linux-gnu, no regressions.
> OK to install?
FWIW, I like it.