This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/RFA] Fix C-referenceable sections with explicit LMAs
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:25:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFA] Fix C-referenceable sections with explicit LMAs
- References: <20021120064225.GA11777@yeah-baby.shagadelic.org> <Pine.BSF.email@example.com> <20021120185302.GA2478@yeah-baby.shagadelic.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 06:16:13PM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Jason,
> > Yes indeed. Here is the patch for current Binutils, as well as a
> > test case. Test case fails without the patch, passes with, and no
> > new regressions (tested on arm-netbsdelf).
> > OK for mainline? OK for 2.13 branch?
> > * ldexp.c (fold_name): Handle SIZEOF_UNADJ. When handling
> > SIZEOF, apply any size adjustment that has been recorded
> > for the section.
> > * ldgram.y (SIZEOF_UNADJ): New token.
> > * ldlang.c (lang_output_section_statement_lookup): Initialize
> > size_adj and last_orphan members.
> > * ldlang.h (lang_output_section_statement_type): Add size_adj
> > and last_orphan members.
> > * emultempl/elf32.em (place_orphan): If no .rodata output section
> > is present, allow read-only data to be placed with .text. If
> > the output section has an explicit LMA, compute an explicit LMA
> > for the orphan based on the LMA of the output section or the
> > previous orphan. Record a size adjustment of the output section
> > for each orphan placed with it.
> > * ld-scripts/refsec-lma.exp: New test.
> > * ld-scripts/refsec-lma.s: New test.
> > * ld-scripts/refsec-lma.t: New test.
> Approved for the mainline. I am not sure about the branch though -
> lets wait a few days to see if the patch creates any problems first.
I think this is the last thing I'm waiting on for 2.13.2.
Jason, is this patch still current? I thought it would require an
update after Alan's comment about SIZEOF (and corresponding fix).
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer