This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, newlib at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 06 Dec 2002 10:03:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- References: <20021205223538.GA24616@doctormoo><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Zack" == Zack Weinberg <email@example.com> writes:
Zack> Someone on the autoconf team knew about this and tried to help out by
Zack> providing an undocumented macro called AC_NO_EXECUTABLES:
Zack> # FIXME: The GCC team has specific needs which the current Autoconf
Zack> # framework cannot solve elegantly. This macro implements a dirty
Zack> # hack until Autoconf is abble to provide the services its users
Zack> # needs.
Zack> They are only executed in a native compilation, but that's not good
Zack> enough for AC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
Presumably if AC_NO_EXECUTABLES exists solely for the use of gcc, then
it could be changed to do what gcc actually requires.